Saturday, September 26, 2015

Evaluation of Rhetorical Situations

I began to answer my research questions by finding a source for each of them. My evaluation of the sources can be found here in Google Docs.

Note:  Sources have since been changed since this blog post.
astronomy_blog "Research" 3/27/12 via flickr. Attribution  Non-Commercial Share-Alike 2.0 Generic

Reflection:

Boy did I learn a lot. Well first of all, due to the combination of comments left on this post and reviewing Hunter and Grace's Rhetorical Situations Evaluations, I have discovered that I definitely misunderstood the assignment. It was late, I made bad choices, one of which was multiple pudding snack packs and the other which was misreading the instructions and finding too complex sources. When the instructions said an article "of significant complexity" I took that to mean "very long and technical. I also thought that "short blurbs online" were the same as short articles online, but from the discussion in class and my peers' posts I realize what I'm actually supposed to find. As a result I will
find new articles that, get this, actually meet the requirements! My mistake.

So that was one of the main things I learned from Hunter and Grace's posts. But they also helped me to realize what a good article looked like. I feel like my analysis of my first sources wasn't too bad, and I think I was fairly detailed, but obviously when I find my new sources I will be redoing the analysis. But Hunter seemed to have a very nice direct source, even though it was shorter, while Grace had very passionate sources that I feel will be easier for her to analyze.



Note:

After going to office hours I have been instructed to just keep on moving, and so I found the new sources which I will be using going forward.



3 comments:

  1. All three of your sources were very informative, but were informative at a higher level of education. Since your topic is very intellectually based, it makes sense for the sources to be directed at the crowd of people who will understand it. If possible, try to get some sources that are easier for any reader to understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have some technical sources, but on some very interesting topics. I think it would be great for these ideas to be written in a way for non-experts to grasp easily, maybe for this upcoming project. The first one about animals understanding human cues has actually crossed my mind before (Why does my dog understand me when I point at something?) and I would love to read about some scientists ideas on it without needing a Ph.D to understand it. Overall you have some great topics and sources.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is awesome! I love how informative and detailed everything here is. I agree with the boys though that perhaps some more easy to read sources would be helpful. I also admire the fact that you went back and added more!

    ReplyDelete